Long Beach, CA – The Building Industry Association of Southern California (BIASC) has elected Michael Baum of Baum Construction & Development as President of the BIASC Remodelers Council.
I’m honored to have been chosen to lead the BIASC Remodelers Council. It’s great to be working with such a professional organization.”
~ Michael Baum (Home Remodeling General Contractor)
The two primary functions of the Remodelers Council are to:
- Provide educational programs for the purpose of improving the professionalism of home remodeling contractors in Long Beach CA and the surrounding area
- Provide helpful information to homeowners on how to select a competent home remodeling contractor
Membership in the Remodelers Council is limited to general contractors (and associates) who meet set standards for financial responsibility and technical competence, as well as have a track record of fair dealings with homeowners – such as demonstrated by receiving Angie’s List “Super Service Awards“.
Through a curriculum of classes and study, the Remodelers Council encourages members to earn professional designations, such as:
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Certified Green Builder (CGB)
BIASC Remodelers Council Mission
The Remodelers Council’s mission is to:
- Be a collective voice of the local remodeling industry and participate in the regulatory & legislative process
- Provide continuing education and information on remodeling industry products, services, and issues
- To promote professional and ethical standards, as well as a positive image of the remodeling industry
- Increase the value and quality of the homes of the people the BIASC serves
Find out more about the BIASC Remodelers Council here.